Mary Meeker of Morgan Stanley and famous financial analyst from the Web 1.0 era gave a blistering, data-loaded speech this morning. I won’t even attempt to summarize it. The slides are available here. Data junkies should download them; you’ll love them.
I’m Dave Kellogg, technology executive, investor, advisor, and blogger. I’m also a hiker, oenophile, and fly fisher.
I’m the CEO of Host Analytics, the leader in cloud-based enterprise performance management (EPM).
Previously, I was SVP/GM of Service Cloud at Salesforce and CEO at unstructured big data provider MarkLogic. Before that, I was CMO at Business Objects for nearly a decade as we grew from $30M to over $1B. I started my career in technical and product marketing positions at Ingres and Versant.
I love disruption, startups, and Silicon Valley and have had the pleasure of working in varied capacities with companies including Alation, Breeze, GainSight, MongoDB, and Tableau. I currently sit on the boards of Alation (data catalogs), Nuxeo (content management), and Granular (agtech) and previously sat on the board of big data firm Aster Data (big data) until its sale to Teradata.
I periodically speak to strategy and entrepreneurship classes at the Haas School of Business (UC Berkeley) and Hautes Études Commerciales de Paris (HEC).
- Are You a "Challenging" or Simply a "Difficult" Direct Report?
- Career Development: What It Really Means to be a Manager, Director, or VP
- The Ultimate SaaS Metric: The Customer Lifetime Value to Customer Acquisition Cost Ratio (LTV/CAC)
- Perpetual Money vs. Perpetual License: Subscription, SaaS, and Perpetual Business Models
- The SaaS Rule of 40
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
Best of Kellblog
- This blog is written by Dave Kellogg and covers a mix of topics including performance management, analytics, big data, and social technologies along with commentary on Silicon Valley, venture capital, and the business of software.