I’m Dave Kellogg, advisor, director, consultant, angel investor, and blogger focused on enterprise software startups.
I bring a unique perspective to startup challenges having 10 years’ experience at each of the CEO, CMO, and independent director levels across 10+ companies ranging in size from zero to over $1B in revenues.
From 2012 to 2018, I was CEO of cloud EPM vendor Host Analytics, where we quintupled ARR while halving customer acquisition costs in a competitive market, ultimately selling the company in a private equity transaction.
Previously, I was SVP/GM of the $500M Service Cloud business at Salesforce; CEO of NoSQL database provider MarkLogic, which we grew from zero to $80M over 6 years; and CMO at Business Objects for nearly a decade as we grew from $30M to over $1B in revenues. I started my career in technical and product marketing positions at Ingres and Versant.
I love disruption, startups, and Silicon Valley and have had the pleasure of working in varied capacities with companies including Bluecore, Cyral, FloQast, GainSight, MongoDB, Recorded Future, and Tableau.
I previously sat on the boards of Granular (agtech, acquired by DuPont for $300M), Aster Data (big data, acquired by Teradata for $325M), and Nuxeo (content services, acquired by Hyland / Thoma Bravo).
I periodically speak to strategy and entrepreneurship classes at the Haas School of Business (UC Berkeley) and Hautes Études Commerciales de Paris (HEC).
Follow Blog via Email
- The Three Un's of Successful Founders
- The One Key to Dealing with Senior Executives: Answer the Question!
- The First Three Slides of a SaaS Board Deck, with Company Key Metrics
- Product Power Breakfast #3: Mark Bauer on Product Management in Early vs. Late-Stage Companies, Working with Offshore Development, and What Makes for PM Success
- Next-Generation Planning and Finance, A Broader and Slightly Deeper Look
Recent TweetsMy Tweets