This is making the rounds. It’s not incredible, but it’s not bad either and well worth the 2:45 to watch it.
I’m Dave Kellogg, technology executive, investor, adviser, and blogger. I’m also a hiker, oenophile, and fly fisher.
I’m the CEO of Host Analytics, the leader in cloud-based enterprise performance management (EPM).
Previously, I was SVP/GM of Service Cloud at Salesforce and CEO at unstructured big data provider MarkLogic. Before that, I was CMO at Business Objects for nearly a decade as we grew from $30M to over $1B. I started my career in technical and product marketing positions at Ingres and Versant.
I love disruption, startups, and Silicon Valley and have had the pleasure of working in varied capacities with companies including Breeze, GainSight, MongoDB, and Tableau. I currently sit on the boards of Alation (data catalogs) and Nuxeo (content management) and previously sat on the boards of agtech leader Granular (acquired by DuPont for $300M) and big data leader Aster Data (acquired by Teradata for $325M).
I periodically speak to strategy and entrepreneurship classes at the Haas School of Business (UC Berkeley) and Hautes Études Commerciales de Paris (HEC).
- Career Development: What It Really Means to be a Manager, Director, or VP
- The SaaS Rule of 40
- The Two Archetypal Marketing Messages: "Bags Fly Free" and "Soup is Good Food."
- Marketing is Too Important to be Left to the Marketing Department
- The One Key to Dealing with Senior Executives: Answer the Question!
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
Best of Kellblog
- This blog is written by Dave Kellogg and covers a mix of topics including performance management, analytics, big data, and social technologies along with commentary on Silicon Valley, venture capital, and the business of software.