Today, the business social-networking site LinkedIn announced that it raised $53M at just over a $1B valuation. In addition, they posted a YouTube video with Jeffrey Glass from Bain Capital, David Sze from Greylock, David Cowan from Bessemer, and (Mark Logic board member) Mark Kvamme from Sequoia. Per TechCrunch this round brings the total funding up to $80.5M.
I'm Dave Kellogg, technology executive, investor, advisor, and blogger. I'm also a hiker, oenophile, and fly fisher.I'm the CEO of Host Analytics, the leader in cloud-based enterprise performance management (EPM).
Previously, I was SVP/GM of Service Cloud at Salesforce and CEO at unstructured big data provider MarkLogic. Before that, I was CMO at Business Objects for nearly a decade as we grew from $30M to over $1B. I started my career in technical and product marketing positions at Ingres and Versant.
I love disruption, startups, and Silicon Valley and have had the pleasure of working in varied capacities with companies including Alation, Breeze, GainSight, MongoDB, and Tableau. I currently sit on the boards of Nuxeo (structured content managment) and Granular (agtech) and previously sat on the board of big data firm Aster Data (big data) until its sale to Teradata.
I periodically speak to strategy and entrepreneurship classes at the Haas School of Business (UC Berkeley) and Hautes Études Commerciales de Paris (HEC).Read Frequently Asked Questions. Contact Dave.
- Career Development: What It Really Means to be a Manager, Director, or VP
- Detecting and Eliminating the Rolling Hairballs in your Sales Pipeline
- The Ultimate SaaS Metric: The Customer Lifetime Value to Customer Acquisition Cost Ratio (LTV/CAC)
- The New 2017 Gartner Magic Quadrants for Cloud Strategic CPM (SCPM) and Cloud Financial CPM (FCPM) – How to Download; A Few Thoughts
- Insight Ventures Periodic Tables of SaaS Sales and Marketing Metrics
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
Best of Kellblog
- This blog is written by Dave Kellogg and covers a mix of topics including performance management, analytics, big data, and social technologies along with commentary on Silicon Valley, venture capital, and the business of software.