Check out Google Flu Trends, a site at Google.org, which uses Google flu-related searches as a predictor of flu activity, giving them what they estimate as a two-week advantage over the CDC’s US Influenza Sentinel Provider Surveillance Network.
I’m Dave Kellogg, technology executive, investor, advisor, and blogger. I’m also a hiker, oenophile, and fly fisher.
I’m the CEO of Host Analytics, the leader in cloud-based enterprise performance management (EPM).
Previously, I was SVP/GM of Service Cloud at Salesforce and CEO at unstructured big data provider MarkLogic. Before that, I was CMO at Business Objects for nearly a decade as we grew from $30M to over $1B. I started my career in technical and product marketing positions at Ingres and Versant.
I love disruption, startups, and Silicon Valley and have had the pleasure of working in varied capacities with companies including Breeze, GainSight, MongoDB, and Tableau. I currently sit on the boards of Alation (data catalogs) and Nuxeo (content management) and previously sat on the boards of agtech leader Granular (acquired by DuPont for $300M) and big data leader Aster Data (acquired by Teradata for $325M).
I periodically speak to strategy and entrepreneurship classes at the Haas School of Business (UC Berkeley) and Hautes Études Commerciales de Paris (HEC).
- Career Development: What It Really Means to be a Manager, Director, or VP
- A Fresh Look at How to Measure SaaS Churn Rates
- CAC Payback Period: The Most Misunderstood SaaS Metric
- My SaaStr 2018 Presentation: Ten Non-Obvious Things About Scaling SaaS
- Measuring SaaS Renewal Rates: Way More Than Meets the Eye
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
Best of Kellblog
- This blog is written by Dave Kellogg and covers a mix of topics including performance management, analytics, big data, and social technologies along with commentary on Silicon Valley, venture capital, and the business of software.