We’re proud to work with the team on Warrior Gateway to help build a site that I view as Kayak plus Yelp all rolled into one, aimed at the specific needs of veterans and their families. Here are some statistics that might surprise you:
- There are 25,000,000 veterans living in the USA today
- This number expands by approximately 280,000 each year
- The average age of a transitioning soldier is 25 years old
- 38,000 veterans have been wounded in OIF and OEF
- As many as 1 in 4 veterans from Iraq and Afghanistan have been diagnosed with mental disorders
- As many as 1 in 5 have been diagnosed with symptoms of brain injury
- Suicide rates among veterans are 4x the national average, among male veterans aged 20-24
- One in two homeless are Iraq or Afghanistan veterans
For more information on the Warrior Gateway, visit the about page here, the site here, their blog here, or the page about the project from its sponsoring organization, Business Executives for National Security, here.
I’ve embedded the video of the news segment below.
The Associated Press published a story about the Warrior Gateway here.