I’m back for my second appearance on the ParkerGale Private Equity Funcast, this time speaking with Jimmy Holloran on topics related to Peopleops and the Chief People Officer (CPO) in a session entitled A Board Perspective on Peopleops.
Topic we cover include:
- The role of HR and my mantra: help managers manage
- What help means and taking pride in a supporting role
- Help who? (Managers or employees)
- Hiring and recruiting
- Conflict aversion
- The three golden rules of feedback
- 9-box models
- Giving a successful People update at board meetings
- Scorecards and the infamous “it’s all green” story
- How to tell if the CPO is helping (hint: ask)
The episode is available on the ParkerGale site, Apple Podcasts, and Spotify. For those interested, my first appearance — a romp that contrasts the PE and VC worlds with my old friend Jim Milbery — is available here.