Please join us for tomorrow’s SaaS Product Power Breakfast, Thursday 6/24 at 8am Pacific. Our guest is veteran technology executive Evan Kaplan, CEO of Influx Data, makers of the open-source, time-series database InfluxDB.
Our theme for tomorrow’s episode is how to manage the transition from traditional open source to true cloud native, something relatively few companies have done, and a transition that Evan has overseen at Influx Data.
We’ll cover questions including:
- A primer on the traditional open source model
- What it means to be true cloud native
- How to approach the transition to true cloud native
- Perils and pitfalls in the transition
- Organizational (and people) change in the transition
- Licensing implications, including protecting the open source from cloud hyperscalers and while trying not to alienate the traditional open source community
Influx Data is a category leader that has raised about $120M from top-tier investors. Evan has a spectacular background, having been founder/CEO of Aventail for about a decade, CEO of iPass for half a decade, the member of numerous boards, and having serving 5+ years at Influx Data. I’m super excited to have him on the show. See you there!
Thanks for the post, nice information about SaaS Product Power Breakfast with Evan Kaplan of Influx Data…it is really helpful. I will recommend these blogs to others.